2016 Tax Form
Friday, Oct. 21, Noon to 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 22, 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.; “Swappers Corner” vendors set up Saturday, Oct. 22 at 8:30 a.m.
ALL vendors/exhibitors must register at vendor check-in before proceeding to booth spaces. Only vendors/exhibitors wearing wristbands will be allowed into the building.
Vehicles will be allowed on the floor for unloading FRIDAY ONLY. No vehicles will be allowed in the building on Saturday until the show closes. The building will be locked overnight and armed security will be on-site at all times, however, the organizers of VeloSwap are not responsible for the security of property at any time.
All spaces and booths must be paid in full or you will not be allowed to occupy your space.
Please send any outstanding payment immediately. Any spaces not occupied or paid for by 8 a.m. on Saturday will be considered “no-shows” and will be available for walk-in vendors. No refunds will be given for unoccupied spaces. Open space will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis during set-up hours, depending on availability.
Vendors must stay until VeloSwap closes at 4 p.m. Once the public is out of the hall, we will allow vehicles onto the floor for load-out. The Bicycle Recycle Program will be set up outside VeloSwap to accept donations.
Vendor/exhibitor categories and materials:
Skirting, curtains, booth enclosures and carpeting are NOT provided, except as indicated below. Vendors may bring their own.
Individual vendor spaces: 10′x10’ space, one 8′ un-skirted table and one chair
Club, nonprofit, sales rep, retailer vendor spaces: 10′x10’ space, one 8′ un-skirted table and two chairs
Manufacturer: 10′x10′ space, one 8′ un-skirted table and two chairs
Additional materials are available in advance through VeloSwap — please call 303-245-2180 to order:
- 8′ un-skirted table: $25 each
- Chairs: $5 each
- Additional Vendor passes: $20 each
Wristbands will be assigned to all vendors and exhibitors and will be your pass to VeloSwap. WRISTBANDS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE SWAP FLOOR, INCLUDING DURING SET-UP AND PUBLIC HOURS. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE BUILDING WITHOUT A WRISTBAND. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Individual booths are allowed one wristband per 10′x10′ space; club, nonprofit, sales rep, manufacturer and retail booths are allowed two wristbands per 10′x10′ space.
Additional wristbands may be purchased for $20 each at vendor/exhibitor check-in. There is a $20 replacement fee for each lost wristband—no exceptions. Please note that wristbands are for people working your space at VeloSwap, not for “friends” who want to get into the event early.
Parking passes are not included. The National Western Complex will oversee parking.
For safety reasons, bike riding is not allowed inside the National Western Complex except in the specially designated “Bike Test Area.” Please use discretion in allowing bikes to be tested, and remember that VeloSwap and the National Western Complex are not responsible for damage, theft, injury or other loss.
Please call VeloSwap at 303-245-2180 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado law requires all vendors to collect 7.65% sales tax on all sales made at VeloSwap. As a vendor, you are responsible for keeping track of your sales and collecting the 7.65% sales tax.
You may pay your tax under VeloSwap’s special sales event tax license. A VeloSwap sales tax payment form is enclosed in this packet. Forms are also available at vendor check-in. Complete the form and attach a check payable to “Bicycle Colorado” for the appropriate tax amount. Drop off the form and your check at vendor check-in at the end of the day. We will forward all payments to the Colorado Department of Revenue and the City and County of Denver.
NOTE: The organizers of VeloSwap are required by law to provide the Colorado Department of Revenue and the City and County of Denver with names and addresses of all vendors selling merchandise. If you do not pay under Bicycle Colorado’s tax license, the State assumes you will apply for a special events license on your own.
Veloswap rules and regulations:
Exhibit booths and Vendors’ merchandise (including tables and chairs) must be displayed within a 10′x10′ area. Fire code prohibits any tables or bikes extending into the aisles. If you display signs on your table, please do not use staples, thumb tacks, push-pins or any other means that might damage the tables. The posting of banners, signs or other decorations on National Western Complex property (including interior walls) is prohibited.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED in the VeloSwap halls.
- Helium balloons are not allowed at the National Western Complex. Vendors may be charged a fine to remove helium balloons from the building.
- Every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure your security; however, VeloSwap, d/b/a/ Competitors Group, Inc., Bicycle Colorado, the National Western Complex and the organizers of VeloSwap are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Bicycling, skating, skateboarding or other means of propulsion will not be permitted on the Swap floor. A special area has been set up for test-riding of bicycles. Use this area at your own risk and remember that no security is provided.
- Floor plans are subject to change without notice. Assignments of vendor space and exhibit booths are at the discretion of the organizer, made on a first-come, first-served basis. All assignments are final.
- No food or beverage sales are permitted.
- No alcohol or other intoxicants are permitted.
- The organizers reserve the right to expel any VeloSwap participant whose conduct endangers or inconveniences other participants.
- Vendors are encouraged to accept cash only. Acceptance of checks or the extensions of credit are at the sole discretion of sellers.
- Vendors are responsible for bringing their own cash bank and for making change.
- Distribution of literature on the National Western Complex premises is subject to the approval of the organizer.
How to Get There
The National Western Complex is located just off I-70, ½ mile east of I-25. This year, vendors/exhibitors will use Gate 5. All vendors/exhibitors please use the Brighton Boulevard exit. If exiting from the West, make a left hand turn onto Brighton Boulevard. Then make a left at the stop light (46th Ave). If exiting from the East you will just go straight through the light. Head West on 46th Avenue to the stop sign. Make a right at the stop sign to continue on 46th Ave. At this point you will be under the highway. Follow the road until you see Gate 5 on the right hand side with a yellow marquee saying ‘VeloSwap Vendor/Exhibitor Entrance’. (If you pass under the bridge, you’ve gone too far.) Once inside Gate 5, please remain in your vehicle until you receive instructions from a VeloSwap staff member. After you have taken all merchandise to the swap floor, please return to your vehicle immediately, and you will be directed to a special exhibitor parking area.